Monday, April 1, 2013

Along for the Journey

I am currently sitting in a Mcdonalds parking lot stealing their internet haha. But felt a need to express a few things. The last few days have been a crazy up and down as ive had to travel to Monterrey Mexico and drive over the border to Mcallen texas. A few things took a turn with my visa and I needed to get out of the country for the process to be finalized. But in the midst of caos and travel it was Easter yesterday.
I went to a church here in Mcallen and at the beginning of the service I saw a cross on the alter with chicken wire on it. Confused as I was a lady walked by me and handed me some cut flowers. As the music started everyone began to make there way to the cross and insert there flowers in the wire. I followed and when I sat down i caught a glance at the cross and saw a beautiful glow of wild colors. It was so radiant and reminded me of just how awsome our God is. It is so increadable to know that God is above this world and this life. That he is above death but still loves us amidst our sins, that he would die for us.
Amoung all the speedbumps these lasts few days, I feel as though God is humbling me today to just surrender to him. My initial reaction is anger, but the peace of God is so tranquil that it reminds me that God is in control. When im frustrated wondering what is going on, God is beside me saying "I got this".
Today I went to to the Mexican Embassy here in Mcallen to process my paperwork. After an hour the lady told me that my Visa would be ready at 2pm. Well the story is still changing, and praying that all goes according to plan at 2. Hoping to be across the border in Monterrey by tonight. But right now just being humbled to trust the Lord with whatever happens. Please pray with me that all goes well but also that we all learn to humble our hearts to trust Jesus.

Dance Your Shoes Off Easter Sunday video!!

3 comments:

  1. Adam sounds like you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you back Mexico? Sorry for the Visa hassle- I hope it gets worked out soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to talk to you last week! Hope the Visa situation worked out. The kids were just asking about you tonight. Anna is sitting here now and says "HI". She had a track meet yesterday and ran well. She's Speedy Gonzales! We hope all is well at your end. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep up the good work.

    AMDG

    Lee

    ReplyDelete