Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Padres Today

    Went to Padres e compadres this morning and worked with Alberto and a bunch of the kids from Rancho. We have a group here from Michgan this week who have been working hard. Some of the guys helped us put up a new fence at the horse therapy center.
     Yesterday we brought the group out to Rancho and worked on a bunch of different projects. Last summer we were blessed with the funds to build a wall around the property to keep the kids safe and to help keep people from stealing things at night. We have been working to add razor wire to the top, as well as adding stucco to the outside.
    While working yesterday I heard one of the caretakers yelling for Angelas, a girl from the home. Angelas has several mental disabilities, and loves to explore. She is such a sweet girl, but we are not always sure what is going on in her head. She has run away many times, not on purpose, just off on an adventure. As I heard her name being yelled I feared the worst. I dropped my shovel and ran into the brush. Continuing to yell her name, we still could not find her. After about 15 minutes I heard a voice far off, singing. As I made my way through the brush, sticker bushes and barbed wire fence, I found her singing and dancing as if there wasn't a worry in the world. She looked up at me as if I was interrupting, while I was still wondering how she got through all that brush without a scratch on her. We walked back through, and met a caretaker half way, Angelas still singing, and enjoying her self.
    I don't know what Angelas is always thinking or doing in her mind, but I know that she is having a great time in some great adventure. Not a worry in the world, nor anything stopping her, just the Joy God has given her that day. As worried as we all were, I know that God had his eye on her and was creating joy in her heart.
     Until the next adventure, I hope not to far off, I pray God continues to give here strength through her imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Adam,

    Thanks for sharing this story. I hope all is well in Mexico. We are very proud of you and all of the good work that you are doing. School is almost over - the kids are ready for summer. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    AMDG,

    Lee

    ReplyDelete